Viniculture has always been a Hungarian forte, but recently there has been a surge of public interest and professional effort to put the country on the international wine map, and not without enchanting results. Taking a tour of wine cellers ars is an excellent way to get to know local culture, history and people, not to mention sample some fine wines.
There are dozens of quality cellars even in the Balaton region.
- 2HA Vineyard and Wine Cellar – Kisapáti, Szent-György Hill
- Jásdi Wine Cellar – Csopak
- Káli Kövek Winery – Köveskál
- Liszkay Vineyard Estate – Monoszló
- Laposa Winery – Badacsonytomaj